Click to return to the MediaLine main page.
Click to return to the MediaLine main page.
FORUM UPGRADE! Please start using the new forum at this address: http://openline.medialine.com
The older forum will stay up but in "read only" mode, which means that no new posts or user registrations are allowed.
MediaLine's Open Line

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» MediaLine's Open Line   » Open Line   » Kirstie Alley shows up on "Oprah" in a bikini (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Kirstie Alley shows up on "Oprah" in a bikini
Signature on File
Open Line Veteran
Member # 6488

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 08:03 AM      Profile for Signature on File   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like picture proof please! I missed it!

CHICAGO.... Kirstie Alley has made good on a promise: she has appeared on "Oprah" in a bikini.

Alley strutted on stage on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in a dark red bikini to the sounds of "Brick House."

Oprah Winfrey says Alley has lost 75 pounds after hitting a high of 220 pounds. A year ago, she said on "Oprah" she'd love to do a commercial featuring herself in a bikini.

Alley, who's 55, says she never appreciated her body when she was 30. She says she would never appear on T-V in a bikini then because she was too introverted. She says women never feel like they're good enough, or thin enough, or pretty enough, but they are.

Alley says she exercises by dancing, and she also quit smoking.

--------------------
Steve Fossett has just set a new record. Winner of the 2007 Nevada "Hide & Seek" Championship.

Posts: 5477 | From: Zxracradia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Soul Doubt
Open Line Veteran
Member # 3127

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 08:07 AM      Profile for Soul Doubt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You want a picture, or VIDEO?

--------------------
If sometimes you feel yourself little, useless, offended and depressed, always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm out of hundreds of millions.

Posts: 2287 | From: at the punk rock show | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Big Poppa Pump
Member # 910

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 08:07 AM      Profile for Big Poppa Pump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was hot back in the day but now she looks like a train wreck. Not because of her weight but she looks unkept and trashy, plus the yellowish hair ain't working.

--------------------
"This goes to all my freaks out there in (insert your city here) baby! Big Poppa Pump is ya hookup, holla if ya hear me!"

Posts: 763 | From: At the gym baby | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpxGrunt
Open Line Veteran
Member # 9501

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 08:07 AM      Profile for SpxGrunt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notice she kept her ass covered the whole time.
Posts: 2072 | From: Cubbyhole | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
cinehead
Member # 2515

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 08:38 AM      Profile for cinehead   Email cinehead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SpxGrunt:

Damn, she's 55. How much do you wanna see? I think she looked great. Good for her.

--------------------
You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever.

Posts: 1396 | From: Lost in America | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fargin Icehole
Open Line Veteran
Member # 3239

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 08:56 AM      Profile for Fargin Icehole         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was that connecting the top piece and the bottom piece?

Fabric or a huge-ass stretch mark?

--------------------
"The Production Haiku" (author unknown)

No one understands
What I do until the day
I stop doing it.

Posts: 1836 | From: The Club 25, you corksucker! | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
sierra-zulu
Member # 9528

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 09:21 AM      Profile for sierra-zulu   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she is just tom cruise in drag..... both on the road to Xenu....
Posts: 97 | From: western hemisphere | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
writer2
Open Line Veteran
Member # 5966

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 09:25 AM      Profile for writer2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judge not, lest we request a picture.

--------------------
Panic early and beat the rush.

Posts: 6434 | From: death valley | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
SpxGrunt
Open Line Veteran
Member # 9501

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 10:33 AM      Profile for SpxGrunt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cinehead:
quote:
Originally posted by SpxGrunt:

Damn, she's 55. How much do you wanna see? I think she looked great. Good for her.
Don't get me wrong...

-

[ November 07, 2006, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: SpxGrunt ]

Posts: 2072 | From: Cubbyhole | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
sportzchick
Member # 1941

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 10:36 AM      Profile for sportzchick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here you go boys....
 -

Good for her for having the confidence for showing what she has accomplished. I know it isn't easy.

I don't know if she is 145lbs though.

[ November 07, 2006, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: sportzchick ]

--------------------
"I'm a woman! We don't say what we WANT! But we reserve the right to get pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating! And not a little bit scary."

Posts: 1144 | From: heaven | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Signature on File
Open Line Veteran
Member # 6488

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 11:06 AM      Profile for Signature on File   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least she didn't have to live off "Subway" sandwiches!!!!! "Look who's talking now!" [worship]

--------------------
Steve Fossett has just set a new record. Winner of the 2007 Nevada "Hide & Seek" Championship.

Big Poppa Pump
Member # 910

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 11:22 AM      Profile for Big Poppa Pump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sportzchick:
Here you go boys....
 -

Good for her for having the confidence for showing what she has accomplished. I know it isn't easy.

I don't know if she is 145lbs though.

She should have waited until the spring. She still is heavy.

--------------------
"This goes to all my freaks out there in (insert your city here) baby! Big Poppa Pump is ya hookup, holla if ya hear me!"

Posts: 763 | From: At the gym baby | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
adam & doctor drew
Open Line Veteran
Member # 6211

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 11:27 AM      Profile for adam & doctor drew   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if this were Jeopardy, the category would be "Things No One Wants To See" for $100, Alex.

the only thing worse would've been if Oprah put one on.

Posts: 2468 | From: midwest | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lazlo Toth
Open Line Veteran
Member # 4867

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 12:11 PM      Profile for Lazlo Toth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She looks better in a bikini than I do. So, I won't criticize her .. or super-size her.

--------------------
Nowhere are prejudices more mistaken for truth, passion for reason, and invective for documentation than in politics. This a realm, peopled only by villains or heroes, in which everything is black or white and gray is a forbidden color.
-- John Mason Brown, Through These Men (1956)

Posts: 7959 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Laughing Angel
Open Line Veteran
Member # 2640

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 03:58 PM      Profile for Laughing Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She admitted during the show that she was also wearing stripper hose (a nude colored bodysuit) for some support under the bikini.

Still, I've got to give her credit--she worked hard and lost a bunch of weight, and that's not easy (especially when you're in the public eye). Did she look perfect? No, but she's 75 lbs lighter. Good for her.

--------------------
Say, there's a wreck
On the side of the road
Lots of blood and broken glass
The kid who was driving
I know from somewhere
Some kids just drive too fast
---Trans-Island Skyway
Donald Fagen

Posts: 2788 | From: New York/London/Paris/Rome/Hong Kong/San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
brucerby
Member # 9682

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 04:47 PM      Profile for brucerby         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kirstie looks ok, but I agree she should have waited to show off until she lost more....Now Anna Nicole REALLY showed how to lose it. She looks STONE COLD GORGEOUS after losing some major pounds, too.

I'd say Trimspa beat Jenny Craig at least this round.

"sonofa*****" - Lewis Black

Posts: 25 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
noodleman
Member # 5127

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 05:02 PM      Profile for noodleman   Author's Homepage   Email noodleman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'd rather take my chances with Kirsty than Anna. Is it just me or does Kirsty look like she had some breast enlargement done? And, yeah, for 55 she looks pretty darn good.
Posts: 400 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Roy Hobbs
Open Line Veteran
Member # 8266

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 05:10 PM      Profile for Roy Hobbs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find such a display to be highly illogical!

-

Posts: 11544 | From: Shermer, IL 60062 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sultanosurf
Open Line Veteran
Member # 4846

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 05:12 PM      Profile for Sultanosurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Botero would love her...

-

Posts: 4037 | From: Sunwashed Surf | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Mockingbird
Open Line Veteran
Member # 6852

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 06:23 PM      Profile for The Mockingbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's more of a Boticelli, really.
Posts: 5073 | From: Classified | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
NoName
Member # 7147

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 06:37 PM      Profile for NoName         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I say she did as well as Jenny Craig could take her. Such plans, incl. Weight Watchers, let you eat anything you want as long as you limit portions... which allows you to lose "weight" with SOME fat loss, but leaves you flappy and/or chunky. You can't expect to be a bikini model on those plans.

To really want to lose FAT and get to that size 2-4, you will need a lifestyle change, and give up the bakery items 99.8% of the time.

Kelvin Hemholtz
Member # 4288

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 06:42 PM      Profile for Kelvin Hemholtz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember TV adds 10 lbs...

But seriously if a) she is 55 and b) I wasn't married -  -

--------------------
"I bought an IPod that holds up to 5,000 songs. Or one voice mail from my mother."

Steven Wright

Posts: 1046 | From: East of West | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
bride
Member # 5877

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2006 03:23 AM      Profile for bride   Email bride   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That doesn't look like a bikini she's wearing. It looks like Veronica's Closet ligerie.

And yeah, she should have waited until the spring. 15 pounds slimmer than that would have really made a difference.

Posts: 1483 | From: Far away | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Open Line Veteran
Member # 443

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2006 03:44 AM      Profile for 22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NoName:
Well, I say she did as well as Jenny Craig could take her. Such plans, incl. Weight Watchers, let you eat anything you want as long as you limit portions... which allows you to lose "weight" with SOME fat loss, but leaves you flappy and/or chunky. You can't expect to be a bikini model on those plans.

To really want to lose FAT and get to that size 2-4, you will need a lifestyle change, and give up the bakery items 99.8% of the time.

While your point is well taken and correct... you are mistaken. You cannot eat anything you want on the Jenny program. You eat (and buy) only Jenny Craig food.

And trust me on this guys and girls. There ain't no lifestyle change in the world that can help much when you are 55. Cut out all the bakery and do all the excercise you want... there are limits at that age as to how good it can ever get. Don't compare Anna Nicole to Kirstie... she's got 20 years on Anna Nicole!
You kids don't get this,... but you will. If you live long enough.

But you are correct about these programs only taking you so far. I am a lifetime member of Jenny and I can NEVER lose those last 10 pounds. And they even tell me I just don't have that much "fat." Look at Kirstie's weight loss schedule. She started in November 2005. She lost 50lbs by March 2006. But since March she has only lost 25lbs. And I am betting without surgery, she won'tget much better than she is now. By the way, Jenny Craig has 2 counselors with her 24/7 and a trainor to travel with her and work with her every day.

Posts: 2204 | From: Atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
writer2
Open Line Veteran
Member # 5966

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2006 05:12 AM      Profile for writer2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll say it again--anyone who dissed her, post a picture so we can see how much better YOU look.

--------------------

On Air
Member # 1123

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2006 02:27 PM      Profile for On Air     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

And cardio, cardio, cardio....
Posts: 454 | From: Somewhere | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Signature on File
Open Line Veteran
Member # 6488

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2006 02:43 PM      Profile for Signature on File   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, here's my picture:

-

--------------------

Roy Hobbs
Open Line Veteran
Member # 8266

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2006 03:16 PM      Profile for Roy Hobbs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by On Air:
quote:

And cardio, cardio, cardio....
Eh, flawless liveshots trump flawless legs...then again some people manage both, eh On Air?
Bureau Chief
Open Line Veteran
Member # 9339

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2006 03:25 PM      Profile for Bureau Chief     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing to remember..as mentioned before, she quit smoking at the same time. That normally causes you to GAIN weight because you get the munchies. Doing both at the same time has got to take some major will power!

[ November 08, 2006, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Bureau Chief ]

--------------------
"With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"

Posts: 1754 | From: BFE | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
adam & doctor drew
Open Line Veteran
Member # 6211

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2006 06:01 PM      Profile for adam & doctor drew   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by writer2:
I'll say it again--anyone who dissed her, post a picture so we can see how much better YOU look.

if you're going to go on a national talk show in a bikini to show off your new body, criticism is part of the deal.

the people who "dissed her" didn't voluntarily go on a national talk show in a bikini and essentially ASK people to look at them.

Posts: 2468 | From: midwest | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Roy Hobbs
Open Line Veteran
Member # 8266

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2006 08:44 PM      Profile for Roy Hobbs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all I'd like to say I'm a Christian and a daily Mass participant so my Catholic values foreswear the kind of base sophomoric sexual antics espoused here on Medialine in general and in this thread in particular.

But IF the subject in question and I were married and she happened to wish to show off her new gains in the privacy of our home...well...

-

Kelvin Hemholtz
Member # 4288

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2006 10:51 PM      Profile for Kelvin Hemholtz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is great!

I guess we could start a new thread somewhere now like "I'd hit THAT - with the following disclaimers..."

As in I should have added I'd hit it if a) She really is 55 in that shape b) I wasn't married c) she wasn't apparently nuts d) she wasn't married or drunk at the time e) I wouldn't have to sign any release statements beforehand... etc. THEN CLEARLY  -

Not to hijack the thread... but feel free to add your own disclaimers here in this case....

[ November 08, 2006, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Kelvin Hemholtz ]

--------------------
"I bought an IPod that holds up to 5,000 songs. Or one voice mail from my mother."

Steven Wright

Posts: 1046 | From: East of West | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
writer2
Open Line Veteran
Member # 5966

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2006 10:53 PM      Profile for writer2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, that's funny.

--------------------

Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Daoibh
Open Line Veteran
Member # 4892

Icon 13 posted November 08, 2006 11:23 PM      Profile for Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Daoibh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
"Admiral Kelly, Captain Card, officers and sailors of the USS Abraham Lincoln, my fellow Americans, major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."

- George W. Bush
May 1, 2003

Posts: 3516 | From: Midwest | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
NoName
Member # 7147

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2006 02:42 PM      Profile for NoName         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 22:
quote:

While your point is well taken and correct... you are mistaken. You cannot eat anything you want on the Jenny program. You eat (and buy) only Jenny Craig food.

And trust me on this guys and girls. There ain't no lifestyle change in the world that can help much when you are 55. Cut out all the bakery and do all the excercise you want... there are limits at that age as to how good it can ever get. Don't compare Anna Nicole to Kirstie... she's got 20 years on Anna Nicole!
You kids don't get this,... but you will. If you live long enough.

But you are correct about these programs only taking you so far. I am a lifetime member of Jenny and I can NEVER lose those last 10 pounds. And they even tell me I just don't have that much "fat." Look at Kirstie's weight loss schedule. She started in November 2005. She lost 50lbs by March 2006. But since March she has only lost 25lbs. And I am betting without surgery, she won'tget much better than she is now. By the way, Jenny Craig has 2 counselors with her 24/7 and a trainor to travel with her and work with her every day.

Age has nothing to do with it. A 65 years old woman at my gym just pressed 385 lbs. for 15 reps. She's 5'4" and 122 lbs.
Roy Hobbs
Open Line Veteran
Member # 8266

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2006 05:46 PM      Profile for Roy Hobbs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
ZuZu's Petals
Open Line Veteran
Member # 2719

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2006 09:36 PM      Profile for ZuZu's Petals     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so frustrating. No wonder so many women have body issues!

Kirstie looks fabulous! Why are some of you saying she needs to lose 15 more pounds... or she's still heavy?!
Why does she have to be skinny before she's allowed to be pleased with the results of her hard work and dedication?

Why do some people expect a 55 year old woman with a weight problem to look like Selma Hyack just because she's willing to put herself out there in a bra and panties? She looks great. Everything is where it's supposed to be... I hope I can say that when I'm 55.

All women do not have to look the same! I love the men critizing Kirstie's weight... I'd like to see their wives at age 55 for comparision.
News flash! Bodies age. Aging has an impact on our bodies.
and I'll bet the schmucks making these comments have flabby butts and beer bellies.

While I think she looks great, I'll admit that I'd rather have my figure than her figure.... but I'm not willing to go on Oprah in my bra and panties! So good for her.

[ November 11, 2006, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: ZuZu's Petals ]

Posts: 1898 | From: 5280 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
AF Wifey
Open Line Veteran
Member # 2807

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2006 10:35 PM      Profile for AF Wifey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ms. Alley was grossly overweight and was unhappy about that.

Ms. Alley worked to get her body back into a size she could be happy with.

Ms. Alley wanted to share with others who are grossly overweight that IT CAN BE DONE, and maybe they could be happier too.

What is the confusion here?

Fearmonger
Open Line Veteran
Member # 8925

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2006 10:45 PM      Profile for Fearmonger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the dress I wore for for that spook party at the Viper Club is her current size.

--------------------
Remember dear readers, you heard it here first! Off the record, on the QT and very hush hush...

Posts: 2844 | From: Beverly Hills | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
NoName
Member # 7147

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 05:29 AM      Profile for NoName         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The point I'm trying to make is that she'd look so much better if she dedicated herself to more than just 1/3 of the equation. It's more than just diet. It's exercise and strength training, too. But the American public buys into these "diets" because they don't want the hard work and discipline.

Weight is nothing but a stupid number. It's all about bodyfat. You can be 5'5", 165 lbs. and STILL be shredded at 7% bodyfat. I've seen it, even on people well into their 70s. Kirsty will never get there though.

All times are PST (US)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | MediaLine | Privacy Statement