|TALENT SHOWCASE :: Diana Raphael
You must have the Flash Player installed in your browser to view this video. Please visit the Adobe website to quickly download the player.
December 2010-June 2011
- Anchored the 5 and 10 newscasts weekends for NBC station in Shreveport.
- Wrote items for newscasts.
- Kept regular contact with local public officials to verify information during breaking news situations.
- Constantly made on the spot decisions when last-minute changes occurred for newscasts.
July 2008 – October 2009
- Wrote, chose content and anchored the 6 and 10 weekday newscasts.
- Produced, wrote and edited the 5:30 weekday newscasts.
- Wrote copy, recorded phone interviews and did live shots during breaking news.
- Generated story ideas and made decisions on what ran in newscasts.
- Fill in produced when needed.
- Turned packages while anchoring.
General News Reporter
KATC TV 3
August 2006 to June 2008
- Wrote and edited news stories that aired on the 5, 6 and 10 o’clock newscasts.
- Covered many live and breaking news situations.
- Was responsible for generating story ideas daily as well as for sweeps pieces.
- Filled in on the anchor desk for the morning show, morning cut-ins and breaking news.
WVUE/ FOX 8 News
February 2005 to March 2006
New Orleans, Louisiana
- Selected and determined stories for reporters and photographers.
- Wrote for newscasts.
- Ran daily news meetings.
- Researched and contributed news story ideas.
- Managed production and intern staff.
- Field reported and produced.
Reporter/ Assignment Editor
ABC 26 News
October 2003 – February 2005
- Reported and wrote stories from spot news to enterprise.
- Wrote for 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. newscasts.
- Created daily news assignments.
Bachelor of Arts, Communications, University of New
Orleans, Louisiana 2003
AP for Best In-Depth Series 2008
Fluent in Spanish.
Manna House Kitchen, volunteer weekly to help feed homeless in Central Louisiana. 2010-2011