Click to return to the MediaLine main page.
Click to return to the MediaLine main page.
MediaLine's Open Line

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» MediaLine's Open Line   » WX Line   » Huttner Out at WCCO

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Huttner Out at WCCO
S4B
Member # 5741

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2007 09:33 PM      Profile for S4B     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He did his final wx show on the noon broadcast this past Sunday.
Was he forced out? He moves on to MPR in St. Paul.
Have they found his replacement yet? Might it be a female this time? Anyone want to venture some information on this? [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 16 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
WxLab
Member # 11582

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 03:35 AM      Profile for WxLab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One day after announcing Huttner's departure, WCCO hired Ron Trenda to take his place...
Posts: 1 | From: Central U.S. | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nanook of the North
Open Line Veteran
Member # 3345

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 03:13 PM      Profile for Nanook of the North   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's Ron Trenda?
Posts: 2128 | From: Stone's throw from Wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Huttner
Member # 15693

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2007 03:54 PM      Profile for Paul Huttner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ron Trenda is a very expierenced local met who's been in the market for years. I suggested his name when I notified 'CCO of my move to MPR over a month ago. I trained Ron in so the transition would be seamless. So no conspiracy here, I was not forced out. In fact they were able to announce Ron as my replacement well before my last day.

WCCO is a class organization, arguably the best TV station in the country. MPR offered me an excellent and rare opportunity as Chief Meteorologist to lead weather coverage for their flagship Twin Cities station and a network of 37 stations coerving all of MN and parts of 5 other states. We are also producing "Jet Streaming" what may be the first of it's kind weather podcasts, and it's getting a lot of traffic.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/podcasts/jet_streaming/

Sad to leave a great station like 'CCO but really enjoying my new gig. So there you go...can't get any more inside than that!

PH

Brooklyn74
Open Line Veteran
Member # 10228

Icon 14 posted July 25, 2007 04:02 PM      Profile for Brooklyn74     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Huttner:
So there you go...can't get any more inside than that!

Most definitely. Thanks for the info and good luck in your new endeavors! [Cheers]

--------------------
You get smaller as the world gets big
The more you know you know you don't know sh*t
"The Whiz Man" will never fit you like "The Whiz Kid" did

Posts: 1646 | From: Rockin' the Suburbs | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brick
Open Line Veteran
Member # 6086

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2007 04:03 PM      Profile for Brick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Paul! That sounds like a fun gig with MPR.

--------------------
When Chuck Norris does division, there are no remainders.

Posts: 1564 | From: up nort' | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nanook of the North
Open Line Veteran
Member # 3345

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2007 04:11 PM      Profile for Nanook of the North   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info Paul!
Posts: 2128 | From: Stone's throw from Wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
KSWxMan
Member # 8108

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2007 11:12 AM      Profile for KSWxMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the chance to work with Paul in Tucson. He's a great guy and really helped me develop my career! Good luck Paul!
Posts: 1 | From: Right Here | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are PST (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | MediaLine | Privacy Statement