New to MediaLine?
A MediaLine subscription is required before you can access Job Search.
Subscribe Now to start searching our job listings today!
Just what are you getting for your money when you subscribe to MediaLine’s job listing service?
First and foremost, you’re getting a look at LOTS of jobs. Our more than 25 year relationship with the newsrooms around the country makes us the first place they turn when they have an opening to list. But more importantly, you can trust that the openings you see on MediaLine are REAL and CURRENT.
"After posting our jobs on our own website, Medialine is the next website source I turn to. Medialine's site is easy to use, brings us qualified candidates and the staff is a pleasure to work with. "
Christina Camps - Human Resources WDJT, Milwaukee
"I've used Medialine for many years and found it to be a reliable resource when it comes to recruiting for news department openings. The ad goes in, and the resume tapes pile up. I'm always impressed by the response we get to our Medialine ads"
Anne Paape, News Director, WKBT TV La Crosse
Are You Online?
Get your video tape and resume online.
View Talent Showcase Testimonials
Mark's Job of the Day
"WREG in Memphis is searching for a seasoned storyteller to join a team of champions. We’re looking for a digger who can uncover leads in one of the sauciest cities in America. That person must also present the news in a personal and polished style. This place is news heaven, and the veteran good enough to win this job will be aggressive, resourceful and relentless. If you lead by example… if you care about being fair and accurate… if you are a live-shot artist… let me hear from you. If you love the give and take of social media… let me hear from you.
Brings in story ideas everyday
2. Builds and maintains a list of sources
3. Builds relationships in the newsroom and the community
4. Turns stories on deadline that are fair, accurate and engaging to the audience.
5. Presents those stories on live television in an energetic, conversational and creative style
6. Posts and promotes those stories on the internet, social media, and other platforms that have yet to
7. Cultivates curiosity
8. Relishes personal responsibility, including learning new things and adapting to change as the world and the industry evolve.
9. Works well in a team environment.
10. Refuses to give up, even when people aren’t returning telephone calls.
11. Protects the reputation and integrity of self and that of the station.
12. Welcomes coaching and constructive criticism without rolling up into a ball or becoming hostile.
13. Understands and enjoys the privilege of representing the station at community events.
Command of the English language, secondary language such as Spanish, helpful. Should be able to write in complete sentences with proper spelling, punctuation and format. Should be able to function under extreme stress and deadline pressures. Experience in reporting and news gathering preferred. Should have working knowledge of the Internet and feel comfortable using computers and electronic newsgathering equipment.
A four year degree in liberal arts or journalism is preferred and/or two years WORK experience.
Dexterity for operating keys and buttons on computer and typewriter. Vision and hearing and vocal communication skills used to gather and report news. Ability to climb ladders and get in remote places to report stories. Ability to use radios, audio equipment, telephones, etc. in newsgathering. Works, as required, outdoors in all kinds and extremes of weather. Must be able to drive a vehicle.
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.